In today’s digital era, most business owners realize how important a website is for the growth of their business. However, the question still remains, “Why do I need a website?” Also, “Is a website worth it?”
You do need a website. There’s no question about it.
Essential Reasons to Build an Amazing Website for Your Business
Your Website is a Digital Location of Your Business
If you’re a small business owner, you might have a few objections to having a website by saying, for example, that your physical business location brings you enough customers, or that your Facebook and Instagram pages are enough of an online presence for you, or that, after all, building a website is quite an investment and you don’t have the budget for a website just now.
Long story short, your website is the digital location of your business that, unlike your physical location, puts you on the customer’s radar 24/7. It doesn’t have to be fancy and expensive, but it needs to exist, to be nothing less than professional, and discoverable by search engines, otherwise, sooner or later, you’ll be in trouble.
So, get your foot in the door with digital now while it hasn’t become a pressing necessity.
Your Website can be a Prime Digital Location if You Make it Discoverable by Search Engines
The main reason for having a website is to be present where the customers are. Online. And while you, as a business owner, prefer to think of your online customers as “computer users”, think again. Don’t be quick to underestimate the rates of smartphone usage. Today, “smartphone user” equals “computer user”. Hence, the percentage of people browsing websites, apps, and social media on their mobile devices shouldn’t be discounted, making the total confidently nearing 100%.
It is important to have a website to be able to appear in search engine results, e.g., like Google’s. It is even more important to rank well in search results to get the clicks, especially if you’re a local business.
Bottom line, if you want to get business, get a well-optimized website first.
Your Website is the Source of Your Business Credibility
Again, it all starts with a search engine. Spin it whatever way you like, people are now using search engines for everything: to do research, find answers, or seek inspiration. When they come across your website, it has less than a second to form their opinion about your business. A first impression is crucial for convincing an online user to become your customer.
Which, do you think, seems more credible? A business that relies on social media, or a less-than-average website? Or a business with an optimized, well-designed website that provides all the relevant information about a company, its products and services, its industry, and its operation?
Your Website is Limitless, Your Social Media is not
So, if you’re still thinking your Facebook page is enough, guess what? It’s getting harder for businesses to connect with customers on Facebook. Its recent algorithm updates make it harder to reach users. In addition to that, people are spending less time on the platform. Social media reach is notably diminishing these days. And while it does help grow your business, you shouldn’t rely on it as your sole marketing channel. To put it short, your business needs a website asap, even if it has social media pages.
Social Media Conversion Tracking
Social media is a poor replacement of a website, regardless of your goals. To receive any kind of meaningful feedback on the online performance of your business you must have a website. Without it, you’re limited in your outreach and blindfolded on your business course.
It’s time to get technologically grounded and strategically farsighted.
Your Website Content Influences Purchasing Decision More Than You Think
If your potential customer is looking for something online, they are sure to find it somewhere, so it might as well be you.
Your Website Helps You Stay on Par with the Competition and Succeed
It’s time to keep up with the competition. Having your website does help those who are looking for a business within proximity to discover and get in touch with YOU. Moreover, did you know that your website can help you compete even with the giants in your industry? And actually, give you the chance of winning? It can if it’s search-optimized. When your website is well optimized for search, your business has no trouble holding a prominent position on the search results page.
So, stop wasting your precious time. Show up online and get chosen by local customers.
It was a long read. All to convince you to build an online presence for your business and explain why having a website is so important today. I hope, I have. If not, here comes my last attempt.
Let’s have a quick recap of the reasons to build an amazing website for your business.
- When a customer wants to know more information about your company, they use a search engine rather than social media. Social media is not an online presence. A website is.
- It’s not just any website that you need, you need an SEO-optimized website to rank well in search results and get clicks. Also, you need tracking tools, like Google Analytics and social media “tracking pixels”, to be able to track everything a user does on each of your web pages and use this amazing, continuous feedback (metrics) to improve your website’s performance for better business results. These make up a basic digital kit.
- One of the major keys to your digital marketing success is a well-constructed landing page. Having your own website allows you just that – creating simple, user-friendly, proper pages that generate leads. And not only Your website is your company’s online catalogue providing full information about your business, your operations, your industry knowledge, your products, and services, etc. Your website is your company’s online portfolio that displays your completed projects and thus increases customer trust, as now your online audience has a good feeling of what to expect from you. Simply put, your website is the digital crown of your business.
- A well-built website is not only well-designed and well-developed but also mobile responsive, which means that the website adjusts its layout to the web and smartphone platforms and looks well across a wide range of devices. Optimizing your website for various mobile devices gives you the chance to benefit from Google’s preferential treatment and appear higher up on the search results page. “Preferential treatment?” you would ask. Yes, Google ranks local businesses higher when people search on their mobile devices. The search engine assumes that a person using their mobile phone is likely to be on the go and looking to visit the business. So, get a mobile responsive website, become a favored local business, and get ready to welcome your customers.
- Finally, and probably most importantly, your website hones your company’s brand and image, using your specific colors, logo, style aesthetic, language, etc. Your website is the perfect place where you shape your company’s narrative and engage with your audience.
Don’t waste this opportunity any longer. Create and manage your own company website. Write your story and get it out there!
If you don’t know where to start, we will help you out with any of these
- Building a fully optimized website
- Getting your ranking in Google
- Running ads
- Establishing your credibility online
- Gaining more business
- And much more
Final takeaway: the price of creating a website is much lower than the price of getting left out. If you’re ready to unlock your business potential, get started with a lead-driving website.
When citing, referencing, or reposting any part of or the entire article, be sure to keep the link to the original.